One hour central heating timer for student let | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss One hour central heating timer for student let in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rmaycock

[h=2]
icon1.png
One hour central heating timer for student let[/h]
Can anyone advise me on this:

1. Student house tennants always going out and leaving the heating on (home for xmas - heating full blast!)

2. Gas CH from backboiler heats water and house controlled through normal programmer

3. I want to have hot water permanently on.

4. I want to have a "push Button" system that activates central heating for 1-2 hours AND THEN GOES OFF UNTIL IT IS PRESSED AGAIN when it comes on for another 1/2 hour period.

So - no leaving the heating on all night/all summer all day when no-one is at home.

All suggestions most gratefully received

rjmaycock

You could feasibly install a programmer on timed to come on once a day for 10 mins then your tenant would then have the facility of a boost button to bring it on as and when after that! They'd also be able to override this and put the programmer on constant, of course! You could also fit a tamper proof room thermostat that you set the temp of which would limit time the heating is on! I've seen electronic programmers in offices that can be set up and then a code entered to stop anyone messing with them! That's about all that comes to mind at the mo :)

[h=2]
icon1.png
One hour central heating timer for student let[/h]
Can anyone advise me on this:

1. Student house tennants always going out and leaving the heating on (home for xmas - heating full blast!)

2. Gas CH from backboiler heats water and house controlled through normal programmer

3. I want to have hot water permanently on.

4. I want to have a "push Button" system that activates central heating for 1-2 hours AND THEN GOES OFF UNTIL IT IS PRESSED AGAIN when it comes on for another 1/2 hour period.

So - no leaving the heating on all night/all summer all day when no-one is at home.

All suggestions most gratefully received

rjmaycock

there are trv valves that do this

There are certain programmers I read about that after a year revert to allowing the central heating to be turned on for only an hour (or whatever) at a time. This has been taken up by social housing landlords who had problems accessing properties for the annual checks and ended up having to force entry. Maybe you could find out what these programmers are and then set it up as you describe above....

Just get a card meter put in. No gas no heat. They learn to switch it off when it affects their pockets.

Does anyone have a specifict timer from a specific supplier to meet the stated specification. I would be interested in one too for a student let. I like the idea of the TRV valves with the one hour duration also!

Peter

Get a good local electrician in

They could do a simple circuit in a ip65 box

Push button (push to make)
Timer
Indicator neon
Relay

Process flow :
Push button
Activate timer
Outputs signal to boiler using relay

If you want more info I could prob draw you a circuit diagram

When you speak to the spark you want to do it, find one with either a controls background or process

What happens when they all go home for xmas and no one their to keep hitting the button??

House goes cold and frozen pipes.

All Centerparcs lodges have Honeywell prog stats that are pre programmed, a boost facility is available.

Im not sure which model no but Im sure is on their web site.

There are basic standards / conditions that landlords have to supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

This was indeed the case, picked up a new zone...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Yes I'm basically using it as a programmer to...
Replies
Views
D
Sounds like you need somebody competent to...
Replies
Views
D
It’s one of them if sealed off from the rest...
Replies
Views
Back