One noisy upstairs radiator | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss One noisy upstairs radiator in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

I registered on here with the hope you’ll be able to help me.

I have one radiator which when the CH is turned on it makes a loud rushing noise (the only way I can describe it) it’s loud enough to wake you up in the morning.

The only way to stop it is by turning the pump down but then the rads furthest away from the pump will only warm up slightly.

The rad in question does not have a TRV, it’s just the normal valve and is the first radiator in the cycle.

This is the only radiator with any issues and all of them have been bled.

Thanks all.

Try opening the valves a bit more

Both sides are fully open ?

Yes please but have the noise happening at the time you open it slightly

Yes with the radiator making the rushing noise

Any difference in the noise ? Also if you turn one off noise goes away or keeps going ?

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
You should have not touched the lockshields...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, I can try this, out of interest, what is...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi guys, we moved into a place last Dec with...
Replies
Views
Sam Grocock
S
  • Question
Is this a one pipe system or a two pipe?
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it gets fully hot with other rads off, the...
Replies
Views
Back