One Radiator First in Line not working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss One Radiator First in Line not working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

J

Jacko

hi all my own heating system at home. the first radiator from the combi boiler is run from flow and returns in 10 mm about 2 m round to rad in utility room and isn't wokrin have tried all the obvious things just after any ideas or solutions
Thanks

all Other rads in house are working as normal

Sticking thermostatic valve?
If its 10mm it could be on a drop and air locked. Try turning all the other rads off.
iscit 10mm copper or grey plastic? And what is the age of the house please? ( this may help with the diagnosis?

its 10mm copper not stickin trv the system is 13 years old

I am 2nd year apprenitce just dunno bout this one

Last edited by a moderator:
always been here moved in 5 years ago was working this morning as my pants were nice and warm but now nothin. cold pants in morning lol

you could have a bash at turning all the others off and see if you can get heat into that one. if that works then its a case of re-balancing. you should post more often sir, it's a great way to learn, I've just finished my three year apprenticeship.

i tried turning off at trvs didnt want to mess with lock shields as all is working okay an theirs 26 rads to go at so left them. an i should post more often im always on here reading through and learning from other posts its great to see others experiences, problems and solutions

Hi not had chance to look at this till today Thought id let you know how i got on, had a look this afternoon turned all the other rads off this made the flow and returns to the radiator in question warm so took the rad off and pulled water through both valves everything seemed fine, washed rad out whilst it was off put back on and nothing so turned all other valves off again and it worked opened other valves and is still working so was wondering what have i done what was/is the problem

p.s still going to change from microbore to 15 mm

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Well done for sorting it. Waggling the trv pin...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What about the return nice flow from it same...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it gets fully hot with other rads off, the...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
Back