One shot drain unblock | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss One shot drain unblock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
All I can say is lethal stuff.

Just unblocked a toilet with it, woman scarpered as it started smoking!

I'll keep some in the van, it's my new favourite thing!!

Rct

i accidently burned through a trap with that stuff just as i poured it down the drain my phone rang spent couple minutes on phone then noticed the trap had dissolved lol

Gotta be careful with that stuff.

My brother used it once and an elbow came off outside and it went over the custards car.

My other worry is if you put it in a pipe and it wont unblock it, what's your next move?

ps
Add it to a pipe that has caustic soda in it and you make a bomb.

This was a toilet, all pipe work hidden behind tiled boxing at a height of about 4'!

I did what I could before using it. Nothing shifted the block, one shot did it in under 3 mins!

Will be careful with it but its good gear.

when i use it as soon as the trap gets hot i run some water sharpish, dodgy if you get it on your skin cos its water activated. They sell it in b+q which i thinks asking for trouble.

The more I think about it the less I want to use it. Too much risk and the jobs you use it on are not big earners and are filth.

Don't they sell that on tap in pubs around Scotland......put hairs on your arse laddie!!!

Its when you go to a wash basin in a old peoples home that's blocked with what looks like water in the sink.
So you stick your hand in to check for a blockage and your hand feels like its gonna fall off, or at least it stings ALOT.
Customer wasn't very sympathetic either. pig

I've had to change a fibreglass disabled shower tray in a council house after one of their plumbers poured it all inside and it turned the acrylic brown. The ******** didnt even pour it straight into the trap.

I used that stuff a few years ago when I worked army camps went to a blocked sink in a catering kitchen,full of fat I couldn't unblock it totally solid so used that stuff.well within a couple of minutes everyone had to evacuate the place was full of mist people struggling to breath there was me thinking oh feck not a good idea but it did clear the blockage lol.

Last edited:
defo a gloves and goggles job using that stuff. seen it spit back up the waste when creating lots of gas. and it can turn the silverware black forever.

It's concentrated sulphuric acid, very nasty stuff. Be very careful not to mix with an alkali such as bleach or caustic soda, always check that the custard hasn't put any of these down the drain first. The reaction between the two is extremely vigorous and will cause serious disfigurement to the skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
I pull the toilet out. Might be a bit above...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
Hi Rob, You have a 1 in 130 drop. Assume...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
Back