Open vent boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Open vent boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Usually fit vaillants, but need to replace a large floor standing boiler in a cellar. Looking at two 24 kW heat only. Don't want to pressurise it, as its a mixture of old and new rads and pipework.
never been happy with open vent Vaillant. So can someone recommend me another manufacturer?

Usually fit vaillants, but need to replace a large floor standing boiler in a cellar. Looking at two 24 kW heat only. Don't want to pressurise it, as its a mixture of old and new rads and pipework.
never been happy with open vent Vaillant. So can someone recommend me another manufacturer?

viessmann 100-w open vent and intergas ????????? :D

Lol, not in Cleckheaton was it Chalked , I looked at the self same job today

Youd never get out lol.

One i looked at old floor standing mexico, mega old rads and cylinder , my guy wants a combi, but on rads and pipework of that age , i am just aint sure, considering to run the boiler to a plate ex and keep rads open vented .

Could you do the same ? And use large system boiler ?

Youd never get out lol.

One i looked at old floor standing mexico, mega old rads and cylinder , my guy wants a combi, but on rads and pipework of that age , i am just aint sure, considering to run the boiler to a plate ex and keep rads open vented .

Plate heat exchanger looks a good idea. Keep the boilers separate from the old system.
Who's heat exchangers do you use?

Plate heat exchanger looks a good idea. Keep the boilers separate from the old system.
Who's heat exchangers do you use?

Never actually done it , this place has about 18 rads its a lot bigger than i generaly come across, changing the rads is a defo no. It just seemed the best way of doing it . I need to get some info/drawings for it. You ever done it ?

Youd never get out lol.

Been reading up on Intergas, I'm sure you can use the combis as open vented.. That'll probably be your best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Yes as we have new expansion vessels etc...
Replies
Views
This one is taking shape now bit of a change...
Replies
Views
Back