Open vent Magnacleanse flushing | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Open vent Magnacleanse flushing in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all.
I have an open vented system with magnaclean filter installed at the return pipe close to boiler.

I understand how the magnacleanse cleaning process works for my system but am wondering about flushing it out afterwards.

Adey recommend connecting mains pressure with a pressure gauge at the expansion tank which seems quite invasive to me.

Providing my tank is clean is there any reason why I can't just use gravity pressure to flush each radiator?

If gravity pressure not enough could I use the pump on low speed maybe?

I realise this will be a slower process but would this work just to get rid of chemicals etc after the cleaning process?

Any pointers hugely appreciated

Thank you🙂

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So, to close this thread the solution I found...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you, Shaun. I’ll have the plumber check...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
Back