opinions please on shower setup.. | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss opinions please on shower setup.. in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys, so were refurbing our customers bed room and on suite bathroom , they have mains cold at all cold outlets and gravity hot water fed by a fortic combination cylinder in the loft, they originally wanted a mains fed electric shower over there bath which would of been fine but our sparky is saying its going to be hassle getting the right size cable to it and there fuseboard doesnt allow for it as they have another electric shower in main bath room so its going to be costly in that respect, the only way i can think of is using a regular shower mixer but installing a storage tank above the bath room as there is room for it to feed the shower cold and might aswell feed bath! too! as it would otherwise be off the main, my only concern is at college we were taught about our outlet pipes of hot and cold from the storage tank being offset so in the event of the tank running dry the hot drys up first but with this setup its 50/50 or am i just over thinking to much? this setup really does suck for showers!!

Have a look at the Ideal Standard Therm shower valve, i am almost sure they can be run unbalanced.

thanks , ill bare that in mind for next time, i have made a start on the tank install for cold feeds as i think its the best due to the fact that if some one uses the other shower then it wont be affected at all as its all stored water, the customer is aware that if one tank runs dry which is a really unlikely event there is a risk of it just running hot water and they accept that so all is good!,

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You say you have multiple showers. Have you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Unfortunately that would be me :) . My first...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply Simon!
Replies
Views
Back