Options for tidying up external waste pipes | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Options for tidying up external waste pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I'm looking to tidy up the external waste pipes in my property, I've attached a photo which should make it a bit easier to explain.

I have a 50mm cast iron down pipe with a hopper at the top collecting waste from the bathroom. This pipe ends just above the drain. There are also 2 waste pipes going into the drain from the kitchen sink and washing machine.

What I'd like to do is replace the cast iron pipe completely, still use a hopper at the top to keep it simple. At the bottom I want to combine the two waste pipes with the new downpipe, that goes straight into the drain.

I'm struggling to find the necessary pipes, anything I find with a hopper is for guttering only so no options to join a 40mm waste. The only pipes I can find with a 40mm waste are 110mm soil pipes which seem excessive just for grey water waste.

I was pointed to OSMA Soil pipes, but they seem really expensive.

Are there any other options?

IMG_20190526_102421.jpg

IMG_20190526_102650.jpg

I think I get it but a diagram or
sketch would explain to us what each waste does and from where ..bog, roof etc agree its an absolute mess and needs sorting
Centralheatking

There are a few unused pipes which make it more complicated than it is.
The two waste pipes into the hopper are from the bathroom sink and bath.
The waste pipe at the bottom is from the kitchen sink the other longer one is from a washing machine

I was pointed to OSMA Soil pipes, but they seem really expensive.

If you want it to degrade more quickly yes. Make it out of bamboo like the Chinese but change it every two years.

Fact is you get what you pay for in external pipework. Just today I changed some that I could put my finger through as the UV light had destroyed it. Osma is the best UV stabilised plastic. Fit and forget.

By all means do it cheaply but be prepared to waste your time and, overall, more money redoing it many times in future. ;)

Also Osma are one of those companies with ridiculous list prices (like Marley) but in reality you’ll not pay too much more .
Better to pay £50 more materials now and not do again for years.
Or paint the cheap stuff, that protects it from uv but if you’re not a tidy painter it’ll look sh1te.

Sorry, not knocking Osma, I meant expensive when I was looking at the 3" hopper option against a soil pipe option, even the Osma 4" fittings are cheaper than the 3"

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Best thing to do first is to read the relevant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks both! Was about to ask whether it would...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Wolseley normally have 2” black solvent weld...
Replies
Views
Back