organisers for fittings ect ect | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss organisers for fittings ect ect in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killy Bing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
buying a few more organisers for my bits and bobs

noticed this on screwfix, haven't seen em before

Stanley 3-in-1 Tool Organiser | Organisers | Tool Cases | NoLinkingToThis

anyone have one ?
any good?
i'm thinking of using it as a soldering kit

*cue the shopkeeper*

i noticed rays online site has organisers too now

im wondering if these are unbranded Stanley ones and if they have metal catches ?

This is my set up?
y9yguhar.jpg

Saw a Stanley 'deep organiser' in B and Poo last week, the clear cover seemed very brittle to me, you'd have to get hands on before you commit, they do look pretty good though.
According to the Screwfix website, the ones you linked are out of stock online and within a 10 mile radius of Bolton...

The Stanley ones like this
ajade4e4.jpg

They good. The ones with the thinner lid which are slightly cloudy are flexible and a but rubbish

ChunkyCaseL.jpg

looks remarkably like the Stanley's :)

Ooh they doo too. How may pennies might one expect to pay?

They do but not quite the Stanley ones have a small raised section on the lid where fax max badge goes. The wicks ones does. - that defo Stanley, the Clark ones don't and are ok, very slightly lighter duty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find Killy, not sure if we should be posting Rays prices outside the arms as trade only so here's the link, there's a smaller one too a fiver cheaper but why would you get a small one?
[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/tools-consumables/miscellaneous-accessories/chunky-site-case-large.html"]Chunky Site Case - Large - Miscellaneous Accessories - Tools & Consumables | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
a few quid cheaper than any equivalent stanley one i can find.

b and poo are 30 quid...

ohhh screwfix have two listings for the same box, ones a tenner cheaper but these are the pros

Stanley Deep Pro Organiser | Organisers | Tool Cases | NoLinkingToThis

Hang on a few more weeks ago and screwfiX have em on offer.. I'll wait for the offer. Got the Stanley at the mo going bit cloudy

Saw a Stanley 'deep organiser' in B and Poo last week, the clear cover seemed very brittle to me, you'd have to get hands on before you commit, they do look pretty good though.
According to the Screwfix website, the ones you linked are out of stock online and within a 10 mile radius of Bolton...

Stanley Deep Pro are very good. Lids aren't brittle in my experience, I've had mine for ages and still going strong. On offer in Poofix at the moment, around £15 each, normally £25.

But had it a long time.. don't the lid get scuffed after a while

But had it a long time.. don't the lid get scuffed after a while

eventually yes, but they have this great feature called a lid. what you do is open the lid and as if by magic you can see everything that is inside.

eventually yes, but they have this great feature called a lid. what you do is open the lid and as if by magic you can see everything that is inside.
When I finally retrieve another new PRO one I'll make sure to put some cling film around the eyelids to keep it dust and clear..

a few quid cheaper than any equivalent stanley one i can find.

b and poo are 30 quid...

ohhh screwfix have two listings for the same box, ones a tenner cheaper but these are the pros

Stanley Deep Pro Organiser | Organisers | Tool Cases | NoLinkingToThis

I've got a few of the small fat max they are good I like the catches on the side as well makes it more secure and screws won't go flying across the road as easy. (Happened once I was sweeping the road for 20 mins as I had not long restocked it!)

Yorkshire fitting or screws always down the stairs at 17.30 on a Friday !

Really Useful 42L Box with Lid, Clear, 5060024802610

I have a few of these in my little Astra van. They come in differing sizes and they stack up quite nicely. I just pick out a few fittings as needed and carry them in a small pail. A tiny bit of forward planning usually results in not having to carry all my fittings onto each job.

Any things better than half a dozen f+e tanks with all mixed bits in, you have to tip them all out to find anything!

The pro stanley organisers arw good I have 10 or so but I find the catches really annoying. They pop off the lid all the time when the lid is open and then you have to pop it back on to the lid properly to clise the lid and then latch. Bad design.

When I finally retrieve another new PRO one I'll make sure to put some cling film around the eyelids to keep it dust and clear..

if you have a few organisers that are the same type/kind dollop a bit of different coloured paint on each of them (on front back and sides of case) so you can tell at a glance which one is 15mm fittings and which is 22 etc:wacko:

if you have a few organisers that are the same type/kind dollop a bit of different coloured paint on each of them (on front back and sides of case) so you can tell at a glance which one is 15mm fittings and which is 22 etc:wacko:

That's vandalism with paint. Thanks for the idea I'll defoe use Me selected insulated Tape colour selection.. and save the paint for the touch ups when shifting around rads and catching doors and bumps.. the last thing I need to run outa. Thanks for the serving suggestion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
I have this in my house and it's brilliant
Replies
Views
csmithy
C
J
Thanks bud, I have got a few 45 degree elbows...
Replies
Views
j4g3d
J
P
Hope to be living the French way next year!
Replies
Views
Back