Other Methods of Shower Tray Installation | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Other Methods of Shower Tray Installation in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

parkesy_plumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Walk in shower trays .. i hate em.

I have my methods of installing them and the trap but they seem a bit primative. Any one have any other tips other than lining the trap up with the hole on first fix then laying the tray down and "hooking" the trap whilst screwing the top in plus a tube of silicone for security.

I just hate them because i dont trust what i cant see ..

parkesy

No thats all you can do . Unless youve access from below or the side but ive started belt n braces when i put the trap nut on i put a tiny bit of sealant round the ring and once the trays set i put a seal inside the the trap where the bottom half meets the top half. Only other way is have all attatched n sealed with the pipe extending outwith the tray and bed tray down then connect.

Upvote 0
No thats all you can do . Unless youve access from below or the side but ive started belt n braces when i put the trap nut on i put a tiny bit of sealant round the ring and once the trays set i put a seal inside the the trap where the bottom half meets the top half. Only other way is have all attatched n sealed with the pipe extending outwith the tray and bed tray down then connect.

i run a bead of silicone on the trap then place the washer down .. then a bead on that .. then bend a piece of 15mm copper and hook the trap to hold it up while i slide the top part down and screw up. Get it down to last couple of threads and seal where it will sit on the tray at the top . screw tight and then seal top bit to bottom like you say. Its like i cant be safe enough hah

not a big fan of flex connectors under floors where i cant see so i guess what ive been doing for the last 10 years is the norm?

Upvote 0
i run a bead of silicone on the trap then place the washer down .. then a bead on that .. then bend a piece of 15mm copper and hook the trap to hold it up while i slide the top part down and screw up. Get it down to last couple of threads and seal where it will sit on the tray at the top . screw tight and then seal top bit to bottom like you say. Its like i cant be safe enough hah

not a big fan of flex connectors under floors where i cant see so i guess what ive been doing for the last 10 years is the norm?

Yes that's the norm, I was cringing the other day on a site watching someone struggling to do up a flexi waste underneath a tray. The only way to do it is by getting the trap in place and then tray on top and screw the top bit down. I too dislike flexi wastes.

I don't use silicone though, I make sure I get shower wastes with decent rubber washers on them like mcalpine or the ones that come with mira trays. Plus I always check the underside of the tray before fitting and make sure its nice and flat.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

N
  • Article
grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system...
Replies
Views
Nelly72
N
J
  • Article
Compex EX 04 fail Hi. I’m new to the Forum...
Replies
Views
Jackson123
J
I think its a room stat per UFH room zone
Replies
Views
  • Article
Shower tray not flush to wall Hello All, I...
Replies
Views
O
  • Article
Any experience with Optima Electrical Training...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
Back