Our plumber said it was a first. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Our plumber said it was a first. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Polyhive

The situation was this. boiler starting up, then cutting out. Clock not working. Obviously CH not working.

So... after 7, yes seven, useless clocks from Grasslin, and we would not even use one now as a door stop, nor will our supplier stock them again, we bought a good un from Horstmann. BTW Grasslins idea of customer service was to offer us a free replacement... LOL You couldn't make that up and we are in the hospitality business...so we have an idea of customer care. After 28 years in the offshore business I just do not have the language to use to express my utter contempt for this company and their so called products.

So for years we have had under performing rads, though the boiler is more than competent, and we put it down to microbore piping in places and bad luck really.

We all scratched our heads and our plumber said let's try and put in a bigger pump. 7m head instead of 6. Guess what...we have under performing rads red hot. A rad that previously NEVER in 6 years offered to get warm is suddenly roasting.

The moral of the tale, dinna over look the pump performance.

PH

Next time after a second failure, replace the plumber.
,,That's what you would have done offshore

It was the clocks. guaranteed. The wiring was done by our elec who is very competent.

I know what I said, and what I said is correct.

PH

It was the clocks. guaranteed. The wiring was done by our elec who is very competent.

I know what I said, and what I said is correct.

PH

7 can't see it to be honest
Someone messed up more like

Well sorry but take it on trust five had duff batteries and the other two reverted to the factory defaults. Nothing was wrong with the wiring.

Absolutely, perhaps the sparky knackered the clocks when he dribbled on them.

You bought a good'un from horstmann? Was it made to order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
All done.
Replies
Views
K
  • Question
Sounds to me that the plumbing company is...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
D
Replies
Views
Bump. Did contact a "new" Coventry company...
Replies
Views
Back