outside soil vent near flue outlet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss outside soil vent near flue outlet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IST

I am running a 4" soil pipe up a wall with no windows to open vent. There is a flue outlet on the same wall near to where i want to run the pipe.
Is there any building regs reguarding the distance you have to keep the soil pipe and open vent away from the flue outlet?

I wouldn't have thought it would matter, as long as there was roughly 500 clearance?

could anyone help me with this?

I am running a 4" soil pipe up a wall with no windows to open vent. There is a flue outlet on the same wall near to where i want to run the pipe.
Is there any building regs reguarding the distance you have to keep the soil pipe and open vent away from the flue outlet?

I wouldn't have thought it would matter, as long as there was roughly 500 clearance?

could anyone help me with this?

a flue from a room sealed boiler needs to be at least 300mm in any direction from an opening in a building (which would cover the end of a soil vent) there are also requirements from a flue t an obstruction (the side of the pipe) you really need to give us more info on boiler make and model to be sure

You need to make sure your flue pipe is as far above the eaves and / or roofline as the regulations require and ditto for the soil pipe end.

You need to make sure your flue pipe is as far above the eaves and / or roofline as the regulations require and ditto for the soil pipe end.

i dont think there is a given hieght for a soil pipe other than 1m above any window which in most cases is above roofline on a blank wall i think it just has to be a reasonable distance above the flood level of the highest fitting
general rule was always 3ft above or 10 foot away from any opening

I think it has to be 1m above the eaves to prevent air blowing across the roof blowing down it. Will look in Building Regs later.

900mm above opening if I remember correctly(If within 3 metres)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I think its a case of stick with the...
Replies
Views
D
As above pictures help a lot. The open vent...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Back