Over-pressure on CH, but expansion tanks fine and related to unvented tank | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Over-pressure on CH, but expansion tanks fine and related to unvented tank in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Not looking to fix this myself but could do with some insight as to what’s wrong…due to sell the house on a few weeks and not comfortable doing that without this being fixed.

CH pressure getting up to 4-5 bar and pressure relaxing through the 3 bar pressure relief valve. Connected to unvented tank.

Both expansion tanks (tank and CH) correctly pressurised and replaced earlier this year.
When I isolate the mains feed to the unvented tank, the pressure in the CH system drops back to 1.5 bar.

Filling loop disconnected during all this time. How is the CH system seeing this pressure?

am I likely to need a new tank or is it a valve issue?

Like I say, I won’t be doing it myself, just need to get it fixed.

Thanks.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
👍🏻 I knew the fire ones had to be, we've done...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
The expansion vessel should be on the cold...
Replies
Views
Back