Over sized boiler for property | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Over sized boiler for property in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I went to look at a 2 bedroom bungalow with one bathroom which encorparted only a shower. That has a 35kw combi. The gas pipe is correctly sized as the meter is on the external wall ajasant from the boiler. And no other gas appliances. There is about 8 rads and 2 towel rads in the house. Would the customer really notice the difference of a 35kw boiler over a 30kw. I no a 30kw does a 35 degree rise at around 12.5 lpm. And a 35kw wil give 14.5 lpm with a 35 degree rise. With there only being one bathroom and a shower not a bath. Would it be noticeable to have a 35kw boiler over a 30kw. Thanks.

Most showers are flow restricted so maybe not kitchen tap would be the one

is the cold water main above 14lpm ?

I went to look at a 2 bedroom bungalow with one bathroom which encorparted only a shower. That has a 35kw combi. The gas pipe is correctly sized as the meter is on the external wall ajasant from the boiler. And no other gas appliances. There is about 8 rads and 2 towel rads in the house. Would the customer really notice the difference of a 35kw boiler over a 30kw. I no a 30kw does a 35 degree rise at around 12.5 lpm. And a 35kw wil give 14.5 lpm with a 35 degree rise. With there only being one bathroom and a shower not a bath. Would it be noticeable to have a 35kw boiler over a 30kw. Thanks.
Most showers are flow restricted so maybe not kitchen tap would be the one

is the cold water main above 14lpm ?
I had about 18 to 20 lpm with a weir cup in the cold mains. I no its over sized for the house he just bought the boiler himself 8 years ago. But not sure his getting much benefit out of the 35kw with just one bathroom that only has a shower and a kitchen tap. His due a new boiler old one not cost effective to repair.

i would quote for two and let him decide

around 10 lpm normally its more down to water wastage / efficiency

internally most of the time with the nrv

Similar plumbing topics

well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Looking at those working gas pressures and the...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
You got your colours muddled. The black needle...
Replies
Views
I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
Back