Overflow cover plate removal help | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Overflow cover plate removal help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmackay85

Hi all,

I have just registered here and new to the forum. I am having difficulty figuring out how I remove my overflow cover plate, there is a hole in it which I expected to see a set screw or allen screw, however just looks like a solid sqaure?

Please see attached photos, any help appreciated.

Attachments

• SAM_0252.jpg
    SAM_0252.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 39
  • SAM_0253.jpg
    SAM_0253.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 43
  • SAM_0254.jpg
    SAM_0254.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 39
Line the hole up so it points down. You'll see a screw or Allen key which will take the head off.

Thanks for the quick reply, when I turn it in any direction the square inside orientates with the cover plate.

I had one and took loads of pulling and pushing movement , eventually it will come will the help of a chisel behind the main handle, ease it off evenly though.

Howsie has answered what you need to do,
Chisel. !!!!!!!!!!!! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not designed for the trap upto you in the end...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You cannot get a repair kit for Mira8 anymore...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah, I have no doubt I'd soon forget about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you Ben
Replies
Views
Back