Oxypic causing high pressure? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oxypic causing high pressure? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all! We had low pressure in our Potterton boiler (gas) and the guy who serviced it recommended to try Oxypic. We did that last weekend and re-filled the water making sure it was turned off. However the water has started to increase and now it’s in the red (too high pressure). Any idea what’s going on? Thanks!

Yes, he said in his experience it solved 70% of low pressure issues and so if it didn’t solve it we’d have to look for the leak, but based on the age of the house (1920s), he expected the sealer should do the job
Just to add, I’ve notice the pressure gauge dropping back to normal levels when the heating has shut off? Could it be that it goes in the red when the heating is on, and back normal range when heating is off and it’s ok?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
1 is filling loop passing. 2 if it’s a combi...
Replies
Views
  • Question
How high is the hill 40m as that will add 4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah -- couldn't see "attach files" on my phone...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
The expansion vessel should be on the cold...
Replies
Views
Back