p h level of condensate from boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss p h level of condensate from boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrpaul

Gas Engineer
hi there can anyone tell me the ph level of condensate water leving a boiler (gas)

I think its about 5 or there abouts, probably varies slightly.

Usually PH 2 to 3 which is quite acidic. Hence the metal problem on wastes.

Just googled it and it stated at anywhere from 2.5-5 but each site has a different figure stated.

Why did you ask anyway out of curiosity?

hi there thanks for reply , doing boiler change for guy how is a keen gardener & i think he might be toying with the idea of using the condence water on the soil as at the moment is using pine needles to raise acidity of the soil ,witch are free , sulphur & lime are the best options but cost .

If they're collecting the condensate then I'd imagine as long as the overspill is into a drain no worries :)

By-the-way ..... that's an ingenious use of condensate .. maybe he should patent the idea? :)

About the same as a tomato. So if a load of tomatoes fell from a branch, onto the soil and rotted away, would anyone say they had to be put through a neutraliser or limestone chippings? Bloody stupid

Whilst this subject is up.

Does any one go back and replace the lime chipping's in a new purpose made soak away ?

I have dug loads since 2005 but have never changed the chipping's whilst servicing.

About the same as a tomato. So if a load of tomatoes fell from a branch, onto the soil and rotted away, would anyone say they had to be put through a neutraliser or limestone chippings? Bloody stupid

I have a 2 day old blue Hoody with a nasty tomato juice/stain down the front !

(ham and tomato french stick )

God knows what the tomatoes to our inside's ???

Yeh but your not tipping 5l of tommy juice on the deck every day?

On the gardening front. I use the ash from my wood burner to help my 70+ hydrangeas bloom with that blue colour. Bring on the acidic soil. Gold star Hydrangeas at the horticultural show again next year.

There are poc's in the condense, none in tomato's :)

I can't remember the last time I checked the condense pipe for poc's ! on a service.

I'm sure I would get a reading from the crap a lot of people put down their kitchen sinks.

The condensate is a poc. You get water vapour and carbon dioxide when burning hydrocarbons.

PH level of discharge from Boilers needs to be controlled, other wise everyone will end up with blue hydrangeas.

Yes not to direct and using a positive stance to avoid embarrassing comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
It should seal you could put a beed of mastic...
Replies
Views
Its a firebird condensing boiler, C35
Replies
Views
Back