paperwork side of things | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss paperwork side of things in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all.

Can anybody recommend a decent read on the costing/ pricing / book keeping side of things?

many thanks

dave

I have been doing my own books for the last four years and my accountant told me how to do them and to be honest he put in in the right direction I would advize to have a close relationship with your accountant it works for me.
As for pricing we are still learning this one are selfs but we increased are prices 5 months ago on advice from are accountant

Hi all.

Can anybody recommend a decent read on the costing/ pricing / book keeping side of things?

many thanks

dave

We use an excel spreadsheet as a cash book in a format agreed by our accountant. With a few macros this reduces the work required and keeps the bill down. We decided a while ago not to try and become accounts literate as this distracted from the core business and also we are rubbish at maths.SPONS ia a source of pricing for various building and plumbing disciplines but be aware they are dear and only suitable for larger jobs where you can make x amount per linear metre installed into a sizeable invoice. If
you still want to do more yourself then your local tax office should do courses to help you help them get
their bit :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you so much for your replies and advice...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Dave did you find a replacement? I need one...
Replies
Views
Nick 123
N
  • Question
Thank you Ben
Replies
Views
thank you very much - i will see if i can find...
Replies
Views
Back