Part p | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Part p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

I think it's time for me to get a part p. I am trying to move my business in the direction of heating engineering and certified electrical installations.
whats my options regarding part p courses? Is it still a cheeky 2 day course to be a domestic installer or has that changed?
my gas is the ultimate goal but the sparks will go hand in hand with the gas

like putting in a bath and tiling

Watch and wait for now I guess. Ask on the sparky forum?

We are Niceic approved contractors and I spoke to the tech helpline the other day on a different but related matter and they had not heard Part P was being phased out, it was a surprise to them especially when they are a major part of the IEE who write the regs.

We are Niceic approved contractors and I spoke to the tech helpline the other day on a different but related matter and they had not heard Part P was being phased out, it was a surprise to them especially when they are a major part of the IEE who write the regs.

People have been saying for ages that Part P is being phased out but there are still training providers offering courses, and even the really condensed "Defined scope" Part P which is what I did a few years back.

I stand corrected.
Not yet, we will probably find an article in the sun next week telling us it's true and will be replaced with a Part P Phase 2. So everyone has to pay more money again.

whats the defined scope?
I got no interest in re wiring a house just not paying a sparkie to come in to fit a shower or a spur

whats the defined scope?
I got no interest in re wiring a house just not paying a sparkie to come in to fit a shower or a spur

do you have an mft ? and define to fit a shower just fit it with existing connections eg no new wire if yes you can already do that

I suspect There may be ammendments to part p but ill eat my hat if they phase that legislation out and rewrite it.

I suspect There may be ammendments to part p but ill eat my hat if they phase that legislation out and rewrite it.

+1 they wernt happy with the ammmont of call backs niceic were getting about part p installers doing bad/ wrong set ups

Part P is a Building regulation and will not be phased out.

It's been updated and probably will be updated again in the future.
It includes the requirements to self certify electrical work.

I tried to find out about a supposed part P course that was mentioned in HVP and the provider told me that they don't do it anymore as it's not valid now and everyone has to do the 17th edition etc.
They wanted 3K of me for a 20 day course :(
I haven't got that kind of money, or the time to spend at this point in the year, but I would like to do a part P course so if anyone knows of a provider that's definitely doing this then please post on here so we can all benefit before it changes for good.

Well done mate at last someone has pointed me in the right direction. Tried getting advice from the electrician forum and God it's hard work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That's great - thank you
Replies
Views
hi mughal did u find anyone please keep us...
Replies
Views
You reminded me..... I worked as a summer...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Ask the installer to get his supplier to...
Replies
Views
Back