Parts cost for boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Parts cost for boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

self-builder

After readinga few threads regarding combi boilers I came across a recomendation for an Intergas combi boiler. I wondered if the parts were readily avaliable and if they were expensive parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
This boiler looks good but I think parts would be a big problem for it.
I was in parts center the other day someone had asked about a fan for a Intergas and they said never heard of this boiler and it was not even on there database.

Best boilers money can buy are intergas. I would not worry about spares being available (they are no problem) because they are so reliable

There is one issue though. The manual says it cannot produce hot water and heating at the same time. Will this be an issue for a 3 bed flat with one bathroom and one shower? Having sais that the manusl does say it can produce heating and hot water if parameters are set up. I am a bit confused.

neither can any other combi

if you go on their web page they have a spare parts kit with all the spares in a case, don't know how much it is but looks handy

Last edited:
Is it difficult to fit. My plumber is used to slapping in Vaillants, and thats what he recommends and has already piped for (but has not fitted). he also wires them up. I ask as its going to used with under floor heating. Would I be better off getting someone who is experienced with an Intergas combi.

the vaillant will be fine great boilers, you will get charged extra for alterations to pipework

also if he has already bought the boiler he may get a re-stocking charge from merchants, which may be passed onto you

vaillant spares are easily obtained, and are very good reliable boilers

Last edited:
I am supplying the boiler and a charge for altered pipework is o fcourse accptable as it is my decision. Personally I am a fan of least moving parts and reliable elctronics, this board is said to made by siemens, and to me it seems worth paying extra if I have reliability in the future. I just wondered how much pipework alterations, from the Vaillant set up, would need to take place as i don't want to p him off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with the intergas as its a more reliable boiler than the vaillant in my experience

well its your choice and if your supplying happy days, he gets payed for altering pipework and no hassle

The way combi boilers are made prevents them from having heating and hot water at the same time. While there is a HW demand the ch is paused until the hw demand stops. You don't notice it.
Any decent plumber/heating eng. can fit and set up any make of boiler. The pipes on the Intergas are in the same order as a Vaillant although the condensate and PRV are at the opposite side so not much alterations required if you change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No I don’t believe
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Back