Paying for on the job training? | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Paying for on the job training? in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twitchboy

I see lots of people trying to get experience and offering their labour for free in return. They usually don't get much in the way of opportunities because quite often someone who is not experienced can actually be a liability.

However, do any gas companies offer a service where people who want to be properly trained on the job for a period of time can actually pay a GSR company to give them this opportunity. This is purely for on the job day in day out training. The trainee would not be given a wage and the company would be in no way obliged to give them a job after the agreed period of training time has completed.

Do any such companies have such a scheme? Particularly interested in something like this in the London area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
To be fair some places in London have an...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
They sound extremely suspect, I realise it's...
Replies
Views
I have tried hard to get similar to the first...
Replies
Views
Back