Peculiar problem | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Peculiar problem in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I have a system boiler with 2 unvented hot water cylinders. There is no hot water in the loft bathroom tap. But hot water is coming in the loft bathroom thermostatic shower. Moreover hot water is coming in the other 8 bathrooms. When you switch on the loft bathroom shower, hot water starts coming in the loft bathroom tap. But on its own the loft bathroom tap is giving cold water. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Two plumber *** gas care engineers have already given up. I have installed a new tap and a new thermostatic shower in the loft bathroom to eliminate the problem and come to a diagnosis. But no luck so far.

Do you have isolation valves on the hot and cold supply to the tap?
Try shutting the cold supply valve to heck its not overpowering the hot.

If you run the shower and tap until hot comes out of the tap. Then close the shower, what happens?

If you run hot at the next closest bathroom and then run the tap, what happens?

Currently thinking a cross over (cold getting into hot), but it needs to be proved.

I’d go around and isolate each outlet one at a time and test the tap.

Is the properties cold supply taken as balanced after the unvented pressure reducing valve?

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for your advice I will get up into...
Replies
Views
A
I live in a flat with a communal heating...
Replies
Views
Alessandro
A
https://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/files/pdf/pdf303...
Replies
Views
Back