Pegler taps. Need help | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pegler taps. Need help in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

My mother lives in Zimbabwe. She has some old taps that leak like crazy. I bought her some new ones, but the way they have the sink fitted, there is no way to get to them in without ripping a steel frame built to hold the sink.

So the old taps need new washers. They are pegler taps. I am in UK but have no idea what to get. Please advise me as these taps seem to be niether cartridges or washers.
IMG-20210427-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210427-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210427-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210427-WA0001.jpg

Looks like a black rubber washer held in place, and partially covered, by a brass screw.
I think it is more likely to be an o-ring that has been misshapen or worn by years of service.

Pegler might be able to tell you what size / part number is needed if you send them the pics. If not measure the inner and outer diameter of the channel it sits in. My guess is that it'll be a fairly common (imperial) size.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
It's a pity that Bots / AI generated forum...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. Do you mean the Flomasta one I linked to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, I'll give it more welly!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why is it outside? It will freeze and the...
Replies
Views
Back