people asking for work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss people asking for work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

M

metaldust9

just wondering if anyone thinks this forum is becoming a place to adveritise for work as there seams to be loads at the mo,wanting plumbing work or trainee gas help to get acs,when i done it i had to do everything myself no help from no one had to glowt to people i new, as nobody wanted to no,even people id known for yrs,dont mind anyone trying but its hard getting work as it is, also there,s minimum wage ,insurance plus leaving people alone as you carnt watch them all the time its a hard one

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont help anyone no more cant be bothered to be honest . Get a bit tired of hearing the same from peolpe wanting career changes to be plumber /gas engineer etc etc . Must hear it about 3 times a week from people stating they are changing from accountancy to plumbing as so much better and beneficial and within a year they will be trading as a small business earning 60 k a year .Hard enough getting work as it is at the mo without tom,dick and harry changing careers to start a plumbing /gas monopoly .

gas paste i think youve been listenin to them radio ads in ye sleep mate ,lol 60k i wish, lucky to get 15 to 20k this jobs a nightmare at times why they think they want a career change is beond me places you have to go and tools and qualys u have to have

Your dead right this jobs a nightmare at times , i honestly think these training centers fill people full of so much junk about plumbing that when these sorts pass out on there fast track they honestly belive they will earn huge dosh . You honestly cant make it up with some of the idiots that i have come across last few years .

Well Im thinking about fighting back.. Im going to train up as a part-time book keeper!.. Anyone willing to help me out with some experience in book keeping??...

I am helping some one now ,he is a plumber who is getting in to Gas . worked with him on the same contract he was doing bathrooms we did the heating !! This is the 3 person i have helped with Gas training within 1 year ! Never heard from the two ,after they had there portfolio done !
Then I thought would not do it ever again ,but hey here is person 3 nearly ready with his port folio just few small jobs I think away

Last edited:
I am helping somone at the moment, who is on this forum.

The main reason for helping him is that I was in the same predicament 4 years ago, and after many letters and phone calls, someone did give me their help. So I see it as repaying a good deed.

It is surprising how many requests I get, via this and other forums, and via email.

I also blame the training centres. There should be a law that stops them from selling foundation courses, or fast track courses, unless they can help you out with work placement. Just last week I spoke to a young lad(22) on the phone, who had paid his hard earned to do a course, and now he cant get the work experience needed, to be able to fill his portfolio.

Graham

yep me to ,i got help from a bloke i never new who was briilant but it took me ages to get there and only met him thro going in plumbase and one of the counter staff new him,all the gas people i new didnt want to help .id help anyone but there just seams to be more and more asking and so many rules in this game you have to cover your self cos if owt goes wrong its you to blame plus i dont always no week to week what am doing so couldnt really comit to anyone

Similar plumbing topics

Hi RPM, Gasway were the first company i...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m looking for work as a trainee/mate...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Cheers Shaun, I have work lined up as a mate...
Replies
Views
Back