People selling second hand boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss People selling second hand boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

image.jpg Really boils me up

Yeah no phone number! Tut, that would really wind me up too!! I could have done with that on an install next week lol...

i strip down most of the old boiler before it comes off the wall/floor, then I dont knacker my back again and all the copper is sorted fm the brass befoe it goes in my van.

i strip down most of the old boiler before it comes off the wall/floor, then I dont knacker my back again and all the copper is sorted fm the brass befoe it goes in my van.

I do exactly the same but my apprentice does it to familiarise him with boilers etc.

im the same as much off as possible before i lift . I bet health and safety would have a lot to say about potterton neta heats if they were around today they were designed to be a one man fit, belive it or not they supplied a bent metal hook that held it up till you got a screw in the flue box

Netaheats are definitely harder to take down than they were to put up 30 years ago :smile:

There is probably over 50 quid of scrap in the old ferolli if they could be bothered to strip it.

netaheats equate to a workmate and beer bottle box x 2, lots of dust sheets when I miss and step aside :)

Reading the advert.
This is not a condensing boiler so could NOT be fitted in any domestic property
will not comply with building regs
therefore, it can't be registered.

Who would buy it? No i don't need an answer!

I don't think anyone spending £50 quid on a second hand boiler would be much bothered about building regs :smile:

There's loads around my area, I know of a couple of engineers taking out working SE combi's due to various schemes at the moment, most were working fine before they came out
These then get passed on to landlords/cheapskates or fitted by the "engineers" for a few hundred quid on the fiddle
IMHO these boilers should be scrapped/disassembled under supervision so they can't find their way back in use
But, having some working spares can save you loads of time in your breakdowns

I was asked only this evening to fit a second hand Main.... Got told to do one. Then calls back says his mate can get "Baxi 40kw" for around £400 and will fit for cash, asked why I needed to know this reckons I would do it for same ? Reckonings £1840 now you tool. He's a plumber but does gas on side. Ooh a tw0t you mean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Yeah your're right, is now but wasn't showing...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start...
Replies
Views
when I removed the back coal saver I can now...
Replies
Views
Yes stnd domestic meter The gas engineer can...
Replies
Views
Back