Persistent Boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Persistent Boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hanroberts86

Hi guys, wonder if anyone can help me. My boiler keeps clicking on and off.
It is a it is a Baxi combi 80 eco
when the heating comes on or i run the hot water the light comes on to say its heating up, then it just clicks off, and then instantly on again so cant actually get any hot water! It has done this twice before, it was solved temporarily by changing the PCB once, but after a week or so, started again. it has got to the point now where it is impossible to get any hot water. i have had a plumber out to look at it before, but typically when he came round the boiler worked fine!

Any ideas???

Thanks

Hannah

Last edited by a moderator:
i know its a baxi. but will let you know the model when i find the manual.

Right Guys......it is a Baxi combi 80 eco.........any ideas??? Apparently if i switch the heating on i can get hot water....but obviously this is annoying and not a solution!

so what is your problem exactly, is it that you don't get any hot water unless in heating mode ?? could you be more specific about the problems you are having if you don't mind

Hi, i have just had an update from my housemate. we cannot even get hot water with the heating on now.
when you run the hot water, or put on the heating, the light comes on and you hear the boiler 'kick in' but then after a couple seconds it goes off again, then a couple seconds later, comes back on again...it does this constantly. :(

so your heating works ? sounds like your diaphragm it must of been playing up and now has completely failed

Thanks Quigley, the DHW Diaphragm, are they easy to replace and get hold of?

Hi Han, you say the light on the front is coming on then off, on then off whether you are running a hot tap or running the heating yeh? If that is correct then it's unlikely to be the hot water diaphragm and more likely to be ignition related IMHO. If it doesn't 'red light' but cycles on off on off sounds like fan or flow switch maybe? You'll need a GSR engineer to take a look me thinks! :kittykay:

we can only really speculate what the problem is, your better off calling in a professional as diamond gas says

It sounds like the PCB. I kow you had it changed but new parts can be faulty too. Or something may be causing it to blow. Check you have your boiler protected with a 3A fuse.

if its the diaphragm it takes 5 minutes to change, but really you do need an engineer to look at first, diaphragm costs a tenner, pcb 10x as much., its cheaper to get someone in who knows what they are looking for.

gas pressures,ignition probe,lead or boot issue ,thermistor,aps the list is endless you need a competent gsr engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Thanks a lot for your help
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
Probably a pressure sensor still involved but...
Replies
Views
Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
Back