Petcock and auto siphon for workshop urinal? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Petcock and auto siphon for workshop urinal? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

G

Gusherplug

Water authority been into a company workshop urinal and requested they bring it up to spec with an air gap/ petcock etc.. I understand the principals behind the mechanics but never came across a job like this before.. I've done a bit of digging and as I under stand a petcock should be fitted in tandem with an auto siphon allowing the required air gap however I'd like a bit of guidance how I should best set this arrangement up to limit water usage when toilet not in use over night or weekends/holidays?

Having just a pet cock set to a low flow doesn't really fall into line with good water useage. Best bet is either a Cisternmiser; either the manual one or infrared, that way it stops flow when not used

Similar plumbing topics

Back