Peugot Expert...any good? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Peugot Expert...any good? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Never owned or driven a Peugot.

Just like the look of it. Less boxy than some. Two side-doors and sort of between small and medium in size.

Or anything similar but better?

dont know about the expert but my dad had a pug 406 never serviced it it never broke down 170,000 mls on the same clutch from new and it was nice to drive it finally died when it got rear ended in the snow and wrote off

I have just changed from the old shape and I loved it, great space,very reliable and drive, however now have gone for the nissan as the new shape wastes alot of room at the front ,alot of window screen and bonnet and a friend who has had the new shape a few years is finding not so reliable but then again what is.
when I was looking around must say I liked the Toyota but all the ones I saw had glass back windows and I would never,ever buy a van with back windows again,even with a cage inside ,they still break them to try to nick stuff

imho

hi had peugot expert before had it for three years no problems at all nice van but moved on now to vw transporter my second one best van every had hope this helps

Had the Citreon Dispatch (same thing different badge) was good. In order I've had Toyota Hi Ace - very good only problem was 2 new sets of contacts on starter motor, the dispatch had new cv joint, Transit Connect (leased) no problems and now have a Fiat Doblo Cargo - very impressed.

I don't think you can beat a transit or vw transporter. Loads of Experts around so I assume they are (were?) good vans.

one of the plumber members at my golf club didnt think so, after seeing a plume of smoke over the golf course and the sound of the fire brigade coming up the hill.
his engine caught fire on a 55 reg, melted the front end but touched nothing past the dash board, not even smoke damage!.

Bloody good engines the 1.9td but the rest of the car is unreliable. The hdi engines are very good in some cars and not so good in others, its down to the ecu coming up with faults constantly. I would stick with a transit or a toyota any day. I've got a peugeot if any body wants one, i'm on the look out for transit.

I was looking at the expert but I just seen that the AA have released a load of their 2006 vans so I might be tempted...

43616867.jpg

I love the colour because it matches our advertising. And they are about £3k to £4 to get right now

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/car11.jpg
Colour scheme matches!

Hi,

I have owned a citreon dispatch and currently have a fiat scudo, basically both are the same as the expert just with a different badge. Excellent vans with a decent amount of room in the back. I can't comment on the HDI as both of mine have been non turbo's which to be honest are very slow but lets be fair it's a van not a formula 1 car. . Normally good for well over 150,000 miles if there looked after. Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at the expert but I just seen that the AA have released a load of their 2006 vans so I might be tempted...

43616867.jpg

I love the colour because it matches our advertising. And they are about £3k to £4 to get right now

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/car11.jpg
Colour scheme matches!

but they are unreliable and expensive when the clutch fails bt are having a few problems with the vivaro

We have two Experts and had no problems. Latest ones have Bluetooth and AC in the cab. The lads love them.

More of above I think the citroen/peugeot expert and dispatch are basically the same. We have a
citroen one - very economical - loads of room - fast (motorway) - seats 3 - big doors at side and back

no complaints from centralheatking .............oooooooooh and cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I know it's a bit of a bizarre one perhaps but...
Replies
Views
C
In a word, no. Needs a gas safe bod.
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
It’s the first to clog due to the small...
Replies
Views
Di do not know much about this heating stuff...
Replies
Views
Back