Pilot problem with Worcester Bosch Combi Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pilot problem with Worcester Bosch Combi Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mavisgg

Hi everyone I am a new member and would like some advice.
My Worcester Bosch pilot is always going out, this week with the high winds it has been as many as 3 and 4 times in the day, done it twice up to now today. My plumber said that it is because of the position on the side of the house. Can anyone tell me if it can be re-positioned or can it be another cause?
Many thanks.

High winds have always been problematic for boilers with pilot lights.
But it could also be due to dust in the wrong place or a component that needs renewing.

A thorough service should sort it out, just make sure that your plumber is Gas Safe Registered.

Many thanks for your quick reply. The plumber is due to come to service the boiler any time now, he said two weeks, four weeks ago, but no doubt he is very busy at the moment. Your reply about the dust made me think, because about two months he had to fit a new expansion vessel because of the pressure dropping. I have never missed a yearly service by the plumber who originally fitted it and when he semi retired, three years ago he recommended my present plumber. He didn't mind doing some plumbing work but not with gas as his Corgi registration had finished and he did not want to carry on being accredited, as it was costly. I will give my plumber a reminder. Thanks again. Mavis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
J
In a simular situation to yourself, partners...
Replies
Views
Back