pimlico plumbers | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pimlico plumbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
customer had Pimlico quoting to supply and fit only slim Indirect UHWC ONLY 90L for a total of £4.2K there room to be fitted in the airing cupboard without removing old cylinder

Hose under renovation so it was a building site ! Work would have not taken longer then 2 days with 20 caps of tee every day !
Anyway custoemr had new WB + 6 rads and cost him a lot less

Me and my trainer turned up to do a quote the same time as pimlico.

My trainer kept his cool till the guy left then blew his lid.
He was a tool tbh

Old boiler was in the basement and a new boiler there wasn't an option.
told them they couldn't have an external gas run in copper because it would be against regs so said they needed an electric combi in the kitchin or pimlico going do the building works to extend the cellar to the front of the house.

They ended up giving them 3 options cheapest one being 12k most expensive was 23k

They are now very good customers of ours!!!!!
and got two boilers and two unventeds, all new rads.

I love Pimloco their prices are so off the wall that we do 2x transits every 2 weeks or so into
cen london - we all stay at lolls place its fun and we make plenty - Loll gets the work thro
cards in littel shops in central london CHK
customer had Pimlico quoting to supply and fit only slim Indirect UHWC ONLY 90L for a total of £4.2K there room to be fitted in the airing cupboard without removing old cylinder

Charlie is rich, I am not and don't want to be if it means over pricing. Got a quote for PV panels last month £10k. got another for £6K and they new what they were talking about. First company called me and said they could match the price. I said, so it's a £6K job not a £10K job, so were you trying to rip me off on the price in the first place? I wouldn't give them the job even if they went cheaper.

I think you need to remember that old charlie is running a fairly large business ie call centre, parts stores, multiple vans with his own garage, all of which carry a large set of fixed costs before he even gets anyone out to the jobs. But in doing so he can guarentee to do the work at all hours and because of that has gained a good reputation and very large customer base to boot. He tgherefore charges a decent rate to be able to stay in business, the fact he pays himself very well is a result of his hard work and good luck to him, he certainly cant be accused of overcharging if he continues to thrive in a recession

Not saying Charlie is overcharging, I haven't seen the job. Can't be if he has, happy returning customers. Personally I get at least three quotes and have some idea on the ball park.

Charlie doesn't care if you envy him he wont even notice my mate works for him £100k a year, lot of fitters on a lot more and there 120 blokes at the london office and its a 50/50 splt with the money so Charlie is making millions not million all you need is a great idea act on it ad your on your way

the other main factor is he works in London, massive potential customer base and good deal of rich customers

Charlie is rich, I am not and don't want to be if it means over pricing. Got a quote for PV panels last month £10k. got another for £6K and they new what they were talking about. First company called me and said they could match the price. I said, so it's a £6K job not a £10K job, so were you trying to rip me off on the price in the first place? I wouldn't give them the job even if they went cheaper.
What is overcharging ? You can not overcharge anyone if your provide a quotation which is excepted by the customer or In the case of good old Charlie, you publish your prices & services in full, reminding the customer of them & your term, as you take the booking / callout. It is the customers choice then to use there services or someone else.

I thing you are confusing the business of market forces i.e. supply & demand.

lame has it spot on they carry high overheads, they also come smart & clean, they lay dust sheets & protection throughout the property not just the work area, something that the house holders in their £1M+properties seem to appreciate. They also have to pay a kings ransom to park (if they are lucky) & drive around (congestion charges).
I am with you Reg Man get 3 quotes & make your choice, the one quoting 10k was not ripping you off cos they didn't win the job.

Agree. Especially as he does not suffer fools lightly. If customers happy and the work is quality the all ok. I understand that if the customer is not happy, the cash gets returned no quibbles.

Hi Reg Man

I can and do see both sides here as we do central london every so often. eg

1. traffic and time - 4 miles per hour is usual
2. congestion charge 1x each truck per day
3. parking - if you do regular places with parking ok if not nightmare
4. sat navs - do not always pick up all the little sub bits of roads
5 . no point in askin anybody cause no body knows in london

Our attitude for London is that its all dog eat dog there - locals have their
own networks - the rest expect to and do pay centralheatking

I did the central London work, commuting, with van for seven years, then the clamping came in, and I called it a day, so we can all see why the charges are heavier. Pimlico are obviously a well trusted business, its some of those others out there that think they can charge what every they like. Recently came across this chap boasting about it, He was not very good plumber either, charged someone £750 to change a WC siphon, now that's what I call obscene. How's that break down one hours work two at worst and no more than £50 in materials on the generous side.

I did the central London work, commuting, with van for seven years, then the clamping came in, and I called it a day, so we can all see why the charges are heavier. Pimlico are obviously a well trusted business, its some of those others out there that think they can charge what every they like. Recently came across this chap boasting about it, He was not very good plumber either, charged someone £750 to change a WC siphon, now that's what I call obscene. How's that break down one hours work two at worst and no more than £50 in materials on the generous side.
A firm round my way was on rogue traders, charged £600 to change a ball valve on cwsc, and around £17,000 to jet an old boys drains out, left a bloke on site for 5 days with a garden hose. They're still in business, literally just changed one letter in the company name and are stacked out with work

Some customers need to wise up then. Its all a balance, most want a job done for nothing, others are so naïve that they believe its normal for plumbers to charge inflated amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds like the right thing to do however hot...
Replies
Views
Cheers.
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Back