Pipe bender? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipe bender? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Beckett

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

in all your experience what is the best pipe benders to buy as I need to buy a new set soon..

thanks
Alex

Hi Alex, lots of topics on what people think is the best pipe bender on here and I'd say most prefer the Hilmor brand. What have you got at the moment?

Hi,
Thanks for reply,
Just a cheap one from toolstation but its not very strong and every time I use it I feel as if its going to bend itself!

Cheers
Alex

I am using hilmor at the moment, but the pair I have got know and the one before, have not been up to much, the 22mm has become a nightmare to bend, even to the point that it pulls the pipe over the former, on my 1st set, i noticed that the 22mm former was a little be off, so I pushed the former to try a striaghten it up, and ended breaking off the former, I only pushed it with my fingers.

for a start none of the parts are hilmor parts??
and the guides were pony and the 22mm bender was crap was just a cheap jap copy of a good bender. Mite have just been the set I had but never buy them agen iv used better quality cheap benders from screwfix:yes:

​search button is your friend this questions been asked 145,00029 times oh and buy a old hilmor

for a start none of the parts are hilmor parts??
and the guides were pony and the 22mm bender was crap was just a cheap jap copy of a good bender. Mite have just been the set I had but never buy them agen iv used better quality cheap benders from screwfix:yes:

nothing wrong with the one i got from them, it was just a reconditioned hilmor only cheaper and better.

the hilmor/record benders are cheap and made in china, the rothy dont tend to last to long and im betting they are made in china?. The bend it now are made in the uk and have good review on this forum.

the best solution is to get a old model good condition bender off ebay or a retired plumber. No currently made bender seems to be made that well tbh.

I have an older set og hilmor glms. Great things
use bahco 15mm bender at work alot thats pretty good.

i did see it mentioned that bend it now are making nerrad tools benders.

i have a few nerrad tools and tbh im impressed, slim chance they could be the next go to for benders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
True. But most of the stuff I have of theirs...
Replies
Views
And REM’s. Just nosy really. Think they’d be...
Replies
Views
In that case, just get the Mechanical Engineer...
Replies
Views
RECORD PIPE BENDER. EXCELLENT WORKING ORDER...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes providing the 15mm is going to only one...
Replies
Views
Back