Pipe carriers | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipe carriers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all

hopefully getting my new (second hand) van this week and want to experiment with pipe carriers.

Which ones are are the best? Don't mind spending a few quid for ones that make it hard for the scrotes to get at my copper.

Any help welcome.

Cheers

matt

Any that you can wire up to the mains, mine lives in the garage now as it was just advertising the fact that I may have had copper in there (got pipe nicked twice)
Also just bought a semi high transit so 3m pipe fit over the bulkhead

Mines a Rhino but the toads just lever the lock out with ease!!

Make your own and put it inside , ok you might have to buy shorter lengths, but thieving bleeders get drawn to pipe tubes

Cut some overflow,32mm40mm pipe up glue it together stacked on top of each other and stick it in the end of your pipe carrier over your copper and don't lock it is best bet

Saves damage to the carrier and if its dark enough hopefully they'll just thing its plastic and leave it be

I lost the key to my rhino one once, and I was on site and needed to access it, I used a flat screwdriver and hammer and was in it within a minuet, ive got a van vault 100 on my own van , its ok but if you put plastic in it the copper and plastic pipes get black , so I stopped putting plastic pipes in, the problem now is the copper goes black in it after a week or so , I had a citroen dispatch before and cut a hole in the bulkhead, the pipes slid thru then , I kept a few offcuts of 15 and 22 for emergency's but otherwise I only took pipe when I nedded it! apparantley you can get lined ones, that electricians use to carry trunking etc, my advice would be to get 2, one for copper and one lined one for plastic to stop it marking

Locking a pipe carrier won't stop anyone. You can burst the lock off it 5 seconds or unbolt the lot in about 2 minutes with a 10mm ratchet.
I've never locked mine since i bought it ?? years ago. Before that i had a 3m length of plastic (2 actually) with a glued cap on the front and an access cap on the back. I lost the access caps within a couple of weeks so they were open at the back. Not a problem unless you do 50 in reverse and slap the brakes on. Had them for about 20 years or so before i got all posh and bought a rhino one.
Depends where you live. If they want to nick yer pipe they will nick it. Don't worry about it.

Haha I used to have a bit of 4" soil Tamz, that clunk noise as the cap rolls off of the roof and the hope it doesn't hit anything haha

So seemingly the pikeys win sadly. Thanks all for your comments much appreciated

I have the older one of these. No point locking it as dead simple to lever it off. I do only carry a length of each at most in it, I only really use it when I have an install to carry the pipe there then take it off straight away.

My way of looking at it if they want your pipe let them have it without breaking in and costing more.

If you're getting a semi high roof transit then your pipe will fit inside and slide over the bulkhead, if you're carrying a few bundles they will fit in no problem
I can just fit in my triple 11's (ladders) on an angle so got no need for a roof rack at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
You can do 120mm centres easily with mlcp you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That’s a good solution. But at £150 compared...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
It would cost quite a bit to move the...
Replies
Views
Back