Pipe connection for 1940/50s imperial StopCock (1/2" copper pipe). | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipe connection for 1940/50s imperial StopCock (1/2" copper pipe). in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Could anyone please identify the thread and connection required to fit this old stopcock (photo attached), the problem thread is 0.894" across the thread, with 14 threads per inch.
The feed pipe into the stopcock is 1/2" copper, and is approximately 4" long - from the concrete floor to the existing in stopcock connection. My problem is that the out connection nut is missing and I am wanting to connect a 15mm pipe to the stopcock to feed an external garden tap.
I had previously been advised, by a friend, that I required a 1/2" bsp tap connection, purchased one - too small, a further friend advised that I would need a 3/4" bsp tap connection, again I purchased one - it was too large.
Is there anything currently available that will fit the bill?

StopCock thread photo.jpg

It's quite posibly 5/8" but you wont be able to buy a plumbing Compression nut that size nowadays.
That size is still used in Hydraulic fittings.

New tap as above is the solution.
The thread was used on some bib tap originally.

Yes everything seems tobe pointing in that direction Shaun. Would they charge for this service?

They shouldn’t as you require access to the outside stop tap

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I’m using them at present, but you can have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Nice! I didn't know that existed. Appreciate...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good morning. I've purchased a Brondel Bidet...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Back