Pipe cover? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipe cover? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBV

Hi there, I need to run a mains water supply to a apple washing/grading machine which is sited in a huge warehouse. The pipe has to run surface across a concrete floor. It is a busy place and I'm worried about the trip hazard it will cause. I am thinking of doing it in plastic, but cant think what to cover it with so it won't got damaged. Any idea?? Thanks.

Sorry but is there no possibility ye can run it up high say on a bit of cable tray, r something similar and drop it down at d machine. If ye have to cover it for the length of the run, the cover will end up being a hazard

think bs is talking sense, nothing should run on a floor in a work environment

Sorry I didn't give enough info. This is going to be a temp measure as they are building a mezzanine above the machine and the pipe will eventually drop down from the mezz. The run is about 4 metres. I was thinking of using some kind of half round tin cable cover or somthing.... And screw it to floor above the plastic pipe, but I can't find anything suitable. I'm not even sure if anything like that exists? I could have sworn I've seen this stuff protecting big cables on the sides if buildings. Might be making that up...:/. Is there such a thing ? Cheers

I know you said your gonna do it temperary and you can run a series of these cable protectors but the cost would mount up, id ndefo look to run over head than spend money in something i may not use again,,, just a thought

run pipe, place barriers and warning signs to stop people walking over it and make them walk around it. The company/ factory owner should have a risk assessment done etc....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
Thanks for your reply - softener is brand new...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
Thanks. I will look that up
Replies
Views
That will be fine on 15mm as I expect it is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Having thought about it i'm sure there is a...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for your detailed reply
Replies
Views
Back