Pipe freezer wanted | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipe freezer wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Pipe freezer wanted, ideally 240v, freezemaster or rothenberger rofrost preferred? I'm based in Kent near Maidstone

thanks

We rent them for £39 + vat for the first day and £19 + vat for subsequent days Plumb_know. They are Rofrost turbos. And we have a branch in Maidstone.

Do you really use it often enough to make it work owning one?

Unless you use it regularly I wouldn't bother they do not like standing around unused for weeks at a time as I found out to my cost some years ago.
It was great when I first bought from new but seemed to take longer on every use, in the end it just wouldn't work and (FM) want a fortune to repair think the postage alone was around £40.
Took it local Refigerant engineer said it wasn't worth repairing, nice heavy bit of scrap though, talking of which try carrying one up to a loft on the customers weight rated loft ladder of 14 stone.
I use the gas bottles/kit now when justified no problems so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ray,

but i know I will need it out of your store hours and prefers to get jobs done same day when possible. But I am in process of getting an account at your Aylesford branch due to being fed up dealing with plumb centre so will keep it in mind if I decide not to get one

thanks

Thanks Ed,

but I don't have confidence in the gas plus cans are expensive, I have had 3 jobs in the last week that would have benefited from being frozen.

appreciate the advice though

The one on Ebay has mostly imperial adaptors. The metric ones are over seventy pounds each, assuming they will fit the freezer heads. That's another £210+ for 15, 22 and 28

I sold one a month or two ago - had it on here a while but nobody wanted it.
Fridge engineer can easily repair them. I took mine to one and it cost me 40-50 quid

Tom I know I sore it I was gutted would have been ideal, just a couple of weeks late :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
One option is to contact a local fridge repair...
Replies
Views
Hello thanks for your post and joining the...
Replies
Views
Hello Alex, I am a self employed engineer and...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Growing plumbing & heating company based near...
Replies
Views
Working from home and of course they can’t...
Replies
Views
Back