Pipe freezing kit | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipe freezing kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends,

Because of my antics yesterday I think I need to buy a pipe frezzing kit.

I had a rothenberger one where you need to buy the tanks of gas but I sold it as too bulky (made a decent profit).

Now I am looking at kits with the gas cannisters but want to buy a kit that works.

Any expeiences?

Thanks

Rocket

I use Freezemaster. Always been 100% reliable. Electric 240v. Heavy but compact. As long as there is power, there is no time pressure.

There are different models available usually some on ebay, take care with the smaller ones there is a model with only one freeze head, two are often necessary for replacing faulty valves.

They are made in the UK, Arctic also do one I think it's a freezemaster sprayed blue, you have to remember to run them at least once a month or they lose the refrigerant gas, also be prepared for the service costs about £120.00 especially if buying on ebay a bit like buying a second hand analyser.

I think the Rothenberger kit is nicer smaller heads and lighter, they also have a small kit for up to 22mm worth looking at.

I have the Freezemaster 680 great for big pipes a pain for small 15mm cause the heads are too big.

Thanks, I'll look on eBay, just really want something up to 22mm that will work.

I will report back.

Thanks

Freezemaster for me, I have used the throw away jobbies, there is no comparison.
i got mine second hand off eBay.

Those freezemasters are a bit expensive for be at the moment. What about the rothenberger kit which comes with 3 cans of solution? Can buy for about £90. Do they work? Any good?

Cheers

The cans are from £15 per 700grams on eBay.

How much does a can use if using the pair to freeze?

Sorry for so many questions!

Just watched a short vid of the polar system pipe freeze kit on 15mm copper, takes 2 mins to freeze and looks do easy to do.

i think I'll buy one of these, wish I'd had it yesterday!

used the can system a few years back and it got me in deep poo, so wont use again. Bought the rothenberger suitcase electric jobby and its pants. It works when it feels like it and its cost me so much time i would have been better off spending the extra £500 and getting the turbo freeze. I know its alot of dosh but it will pay for itself in time not wasted.

The cans are from £15 per 700grams on eBay.

How much does a can use if using the pair to freeze?

Sorry for so many questions!

Trust me your experience yesterday could quickly turn into a pleasant memory if you have my experience of the cans :)

A limit of 22mm in diameter should reduce the prices, from memory the Freezemaster 280 will do up to 1" pipe.

I suggest you take a look at one in a hire shop I think the heads are smaller than the 680 better again if you can find a
job to use it on and hire it.

I bought a lot of equipment off hire shops, the deal was they take off the hire cost from a new product in some cases like
the Kango I bought my first one ex hire, it served me well, abuse killed it.

Freezemasters are great as long as you keep them topped up with water. It's not in the manual but the control panel is removable and behind there is a reservoir you need to keep full or after a short while they take forever or never freeze the pipes.

Sorry I should say that applies to Rothenbergers Plumbfreeze Eco, that's the one I have.

Trying to but a polar commercial kit, couple in eBay and watched a short vid on YouTube, looks ok for me and 15-22 mm.

Ive heard that the Rothenbergers can struggle to freeze in warm conditions, that's why I went for a Freezemaster, which has never failed my. Not cheap to but but deductable and reliable.

Freezemasters are great as long as you keep them topped up with water. It's not in the manual but the control panel is removable and behind there is a reservoir you need to keep full or after a short while they take forever or never freeze the pipes.

Thanks cr0ft I must take a look at mine, it certainly wouldn't help water levels being stored near a pellet boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The situation is as follows. I have a shower...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Yup! In its time it's had a main and secondary...
Replies
Views
Back