Pipe layout for heating - advice | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipe layout for heating - advice in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I have carried out small alterations as a DIY-er in the past, small re-routing in a bathroom etc. In the next few weeks I’ll be moving into a house that still has it’s very old floor standing Potterton Kingfisher boiler, with radiators in only every other room.

When I have a pro fit a new boiler it will be moved, I was thinking of laying as much pipe work as I can to all room from where the boiler will end up being, with a flow and return pipes.

Finally (!), my question:

Ground floor and 1st floor radiators are almost all directly above/below each other. Can you, and would it be better/easier to run the flow and return in between floors and can you then come off the larger pipes to 15mm up and down to feed the radiators on both floors?

I have attached a version of the floor plan, with boiler marked and the (very) rough black lines are where rads should be.

Any views would be most welcome! Thanks, Pete

Attachments

• C8E9C435-B83C-4C62-A4EB-3BCA64E3C8BA.jpeg
    C8E9C435-B83C-4C62-A4EB-3BCA64E3C8BA.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 35

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Well done for sorting it. Waggling the trv pin...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
Sounds OK so long as the heating system is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looking at how you replied to ShaunCorb's...
Replies
Views
Pipework looks fine maybe try balancing the rads ?
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi, I'm after some advice for a current system...
Replies
Views
Sandy Rivers
S
Back