pipe preference | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pipe preference in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
One for the fitters amongst us commercial job on and you have a choice between putting in medium iron or mapress, barrel being tried and tested material however time consuming and dirty.

Mapress being relative new material simplistic install and clean quick install however alot more expensive than iron

what would you choose?

Mapress everytime I think, may be more expensive to purchase but surely you will make that back up in installation time.

Anything but aquatherm I ended up with tennis elbow after working with it for 6 months

I get tennis elbow when pushing fittings in on 22mm plastic !!!

I worked with aquatherm few years ago was ok i thought

Screwed every time, have heard a lot of bad things about crimping in the long term. Also the g/rentees on it are short in length. Also never seen a screwed joint blow but crimped seen a couple.

Last edited:
I hated it took ages to first fix anything it didnt like the cold weather had to do a pressure test on it that lasted 3 hours (we were doing old peoples flats) during one of the pressure test the cold pipe disintegrated at 10 bar and ended up with a bit of it stuck outta my hand.
I could go on but i'll bore you

Mapress for speed.
What size pipe are you useing?

10bar test??

one time i was on site doing 3" iron and it took 30 mins for 2 of us to get one elbow on!

Mapress every time!

Mapress but it depends on location ! And what for ? Use ALOT of mapress but also use a fair bit of steel !

Mapress for me I can't stand that dirty stinking rigid cutting oil smell, mapress means I can wear a suit and tie to work and the neighbours think I've got a proper job :wink5:

Screwed steel for the ludittes who refuse to come out of the dark ages, Mapress or mlcp for those of us in the know

Mapress has its uses as does screwed steel.

Hospitals and food manufacturing are requesting mapress now due to the speed of installation coupled with the perception of cleanliness it gives.

But for strength and durability you can't beat scewed or welded steel.

Mapress is the future. It's not relatively new either, it been used in Germany since the 70's and those buildings it was first installed are still holding. If a fitting has blown off, its not been fitted correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
If they are genuinely steel pipes with...
Replies
Views
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or...
Replies
Views
Back