pipe setup | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pipe setup in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What do you guys reckon is best heating pipe setup out of the choice of,

The usual 22mm from boiler for bulk of circuit and reduce down to 15 mm

Or 22mm from boiler to manifold then reduce to 10mm to radiators?

No idea what's best, but 22mm and 15mm will last longer and look better.

Never micro bore for me . Thats a swear word where i stay and only the council boys use it (because there lazy).
Im traditional ..22mm as long as poss and only have 3 rads max off 15 and the rest of rads are teed into the 22mm.

If cust is happy to pay then its 22 and 15 copper. If its budget and sealed then its 22 copper up into ceiling space then 22 plastic to manifolds and 10 to rads. Prefer the copper though.

I never use micro bore from scratch, but I'll run up to five rads on 15mm depending on rad sizes. And I don't mind a bit of plastic.

Always 22 and 15, why would you give the customer a choice of that, their paying you for your expertise and advice, not chop and change to budget.

Never micro bore for me . Thats a swear word where i stay and only the council boys use it (because there lazy).
Im traditional ..22mm as long as poss and only have 3 rads max off 15 and the rest of rads are teed into the 22mm.
This for me too!

I found out on my house 6.6kw - two big double rads are just too much for
a 15mm flow and return - carefull balancing just gets me by.
Nought wrong with a bit of plastic - BUT NEVER ON VIEW OR ON RADIATOR UPSTANDS
looks carp and easily bashed

centralheatking
I never use micro bore from scratch, but I'll run up to five rads on 15mm depending on rad sizes. And I don't mind a bit of plastic.

To me it has to be copper. 15 and 22mm feed a maximum of 3 rads off 15mm (unless they are tiny) any large doubles 1 rad off 15mm. (Its just the way the old boy who taught me did it).

I dont like plastic my personal opinion is we are professional tradesmen and plastic is a DIY job that anybody can install and it looks pants as the fittings are massive and it always tries to curl up (I know you can get straight lengths but cant see the point)

I seem to be in the minority, although I very rarely use manifolds I'm more than happy to use 10mm pipework. I usually reduce down near the point the pipes drop down/go up.

Most of my new installs are timber frames so how are you managing to run 15mm everywhere horizontally. On refurbs it saves massive amounts of time if you can just dot&dab over rather than chasing it all in.

the manifold system is fine if the micro bore runs are short and i would just use fittings over a manifold, any rads more than around 6/7 meters away (pipe run) (less if plastic pipework) should be run on a larger pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

G
Personally at that size UFH I would want a...
Replies
Views
Thanks for all above. I've done a few Evohomes...
Replies
Views
Also due to new regs your heating system must...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
Each manifold will have it's own pump and TMV...
Replies
Views
Back