pipe volume | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pipe volume in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Seeing alot of stainless mapress these days on installs and curious if this is similar to barrell with delivering volume of gas to an appliance or is it more same as copper with volume??

Is it smooth bore or corrugated?
BS6891 has tables of delivery for copper, steel and corrugated stainless

smooth bore , got a gas run to install and existing pipe is iron was wondering to rip it out and use stainless just wonderd if pipe volume is same same , will have a nosey at the tables thanks

I would have said it would be the same as copper. Iv been using it alot. Mostly galvanised LCS rather than stainless though?

Same as copper I believe.

Are you useing carbon steel on gas?

I ment Jimbob.
I didnt think you could get gas fittings in Carbon steel.

You cant they are stainlees yellow seals i believe , would be interested to know if you can put gas fittings on carbon steel tho as make it much cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
if you upped the trac to 32mm you ivt would be...
Replies
Views
went out for meal with my now 1st ex wife. Got...
Replies
Views
Here’s a video of it previously. Bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back