Pipe work location advice | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipe work location advice in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I am new to this, thanks in advance for any support/help!

In the next few weeks I’ll be moving into a house with a VERY old boiler that I will have a pro replace and move at the same time.

I have done small pipe work jobs, e.g. moving a bathroom around. As the new house only has radiators in half off the rooms a lot of new pipe work will be needed. I was thinking of laying new flow and return pipe work from where the new boiler will be.

My question is whether, as all radiators upstairs will be almost directly above those downstairs, can I put the larger pipe work in between floor and then run 15mm feeder pipes off the main circuit to the rads down and up stairs?

I have attached a rough floor plan, boiler is marked on there and the very rough black lines/marks are the planned rads.

Many thanks! Pete

Attachments

• 29798CE2-2B83-429B-9F03-5374F44C7836.jpeg
    29798CE2-2B83-429B-9F03-5374F44C7836.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 26
1. With a new boiler the controls will have to be updated to comply with current regulations.
2. This will in part require separate heating zones for upstairs and down stairs.
3. This will not be possible with downstairs radiators piped from upstairs, unless you use intelligent thermostatic valves on each radiator arranged so that the can shut down the boiler when all calls for heat are satisfied.
4. Also, if piping downstairs with "drops" from upstairs, you need to make sure you can get air out of the system, or downstairs can become airlocked.

Similar plumbing topics

Is the newboiler a heat only boiler with a...
Replies
Views
Pipework looks fine maybe try balancing the rads ?
Replies
Views
You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
Back