Pipework heat capacity? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipework heat capacity? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a customer who wants to upgrade the size of his living room rad from a 600*1000p+ to a 600x1400k2.

the existing rad is on 10mm pipe probably about 12metres in total, doesnt take alot of working out that the new rad wont work very well off 10mm pipe but try telling customer that, he thinks im having him on....can anyone point me in the right direction on a document covering heatloss through pipes etc so i can show him?

Also i havent been able to access this site for nearly a week, has it been down?

Also that rad will be fine on 10mm just

Seen bigger and they work, but I wouldn't go over 1.4m on 10mm tho

Sludge-free 10mm should be able to supply the new radiator with enough heat.

The risk is that the reason the customer wants to upgrade is that the current radiator is correctly sized but is not hot enough because the 10mm is full of crud. If this is the case, changing the radiator is going to make no difference.

Measure the delta T at the current radiator if it is large (say more than 10°C) and doesn't reduce significantly when the lockshield is opened I'd suspect sludge in the 10mm pipework.

Opinions differ about whether it is worth trying to flush sludge out of 10mm.

Similar plumbing topics

https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
15m of 11.5mm ID will circulate 5 LPM to give...
Replies
Views
I've run a supply down from the soffit, in...
Replies
Views
Back