PIPING UP BOILERS | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss PIPING UP BOILERS in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

what do folks do when fitting boilers with jigs such as worcester/ baxi / main / flexicom do you pre pipe then fit boiler or fit boiler to jig then pipe up.fitted new duo tec and piped first but struggled to get one of the pipes to align due to how flexi the jig was

Re: boilers with jigs

fit boiler on to jig first its easier BTW MOVED TO GSRP FORUM

i put tails onto the jig 1st, fit boiler and then connect tails up to existing pipework.

The jigs can be a bit of a pain if you ask me at times, piping first that is

For me if its a worcester I pipe the jig then hang boiler, baxi hang boiler then pipe up.
Like the worcester boilers for that as I've fitted them in some very tight spaces

it depends on the boiler, how good the jig is.

worcesters are fine to pipeup the jig first as i find the boiler sits inline quite well.

It can also depend on how close you need to solder to the boiler.

Also depends if I run the pipes back up inside the boiler.

Usually I'll hang and then pipe, tbh I find it doesn't make much difference,

I hate boilers with jigs, esp Worcesters cos the jigs are utter pants, so usually dont fit them unless I'm rear piping. In which case there's no choice but to pipe up first.

I always pipe up the jig, then hang the boiler. Makes doing the pipework a lot quicker and easier to access.

i agree with mfgs , i only fit worcesters and its a good idea to tighten the return under the pump first after you hang the boiler

i hate jigs on any boilers totally unnecessary nowdays boilers used to go walkabout regularly but nowdays they dont so why the jig /?

Worcester jig is better now they've gone back to metal on the juniors etc before it was useless and the built in level was an insult when it came out the box wobbling all over the place.

found the baxi duotec jig pretty Pants as well when I was fitting them so piped after hanging. Like already said, it depends which boiler and what conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
The boiler is just responding by limiting the...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
This question has been discussed a couple of...
Replies
Views
Back