plastic central heating pipes buried in concrete | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss plastic central heating pipes buried in concrete in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, do plastic central heating pipes when buried in concrete need to be laid on anything...i.e sand. Or can then just be laid in the chased out floor & cemented over? Do they need to be sleeved in any way too (i.e denso tape?) also the system is indirect vented but is due to be changed to system boiler/pressurised system

Last edited:
Yes they do need to be covered in at least hairfelt lagging but I prefer Denso, also the manufacturers recommend that the fittings are surrounded by a wooden boxing with a lid on, for access and to allow for expansion. I personaly prefer to put copper under screed

I've said it before and I'll say it again:)

Uponor!!! Can't beat it in a situation like this.

uponor the pipe thats guaranteed not to leak ,,,,,leaks !!!
Be fun digging up a huge hole in the concrete 3 years down the line to get a crimping tool in !!

If I can manage it I prefer to put nothing into screeds, ang go into ceilings /roof space and drop down walls. If I do have to go into concrete, plastic thats sleeved or copper thats wrapped (normally insulation with all joints taped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
That's a fair better idea or costly mistakes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back