plastic cleaner fell down toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss plastic cleaner fell down toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the best way to remove these hang over the rim cleaner ,i can't remove the toilet as it has been glued to the floor , wall and box'd in to boot,i have got a feeling the cleaner has passed the toilet trap and is in the soil pipe section that travels through the wall.there is no rodding points on the outside.

if its a multiquick you can some times peel them back enough to extract the object if its a rigid pan con no chance

maybe use one of those endoscopy cameras to inspect and see where it is lodged then let customer know what needs to be done to sort out

Keep on flushing maybe with plenty of paper - if its in the 4" then it might well carry on
open a manhole further down if u want to see it go by. Or stick a hose pipe into pan and up and around bend and give it a blast. or get your hand right in there dont be squeamish - if thats how its spelt

centralheatking

If it's jammed somewhere you're going to have to get it out. I've had them lodge in the pan connectors, in branches, all over the place. Chuck a load of paper down and then flush several times and see if the pan backs up. If it's in there the amount of time it takes to back up will tell you how far it's down. If you can't get the pan out you may have to cut into the stack. I used to get called out to blockages caused by these monsters on a regular basis when we did HA maintenance. I'm sure Dynarod sponsor the manufacture of them. If you can't find it warn the house holder that they may have a problem at a later date but you don't want to waste their money looking for it unless there is a problem.

These things are an even stupider idea that those dissolving blocks of multicoloured goo that people decide to pop in their cisterns as a ceremonial offering to satan

These things are an even stupider idea that those dissolving blocks of multicoloured goo that people decide to pop in their cisterns as a ceremonial offering to satan

Ah yes, blue or green hands smelling of disinfectant.
Really beggars the fish 'n chips out of paper using fingers experience.

I hate the blue ones. Always leave me feeling as though I've sexually molested a smurf!

I now always tell them I need to remove the cistern with gloves, carry it outside in a bin liner, wash it out with the outside tap and bring back inside otherwise it'll interfere with the workings of flush/fill valve. Adds a bit of time on the job and will hopefully persuade them to stop using the things.

last one i had was an aunts, had actually smashed toilet to bits before i got it out trapped to lip of trap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the informative post. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thank you so much - really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
You can actually get 90 degree bends too...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back