plastic pipe not 15mm | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss plastic pipe not 15mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got called to water leak today,guy had knocked taps and burst pipe,thought it was standard 15mm plastic pipe however no way 15mm fittings would fit the pipe (too tight)the original fittings on the pipework are all glued fittings,is this a special sized pipework and can you still get fittings,appears to me to be 16mm ?

If it is a rigid plastic pipe it could be Polyorc. Pretty sure that Philmac have fittings that are mechanical that should fit it. If not then you should be able to get the solvent weld fittings from here.

PDM

Sounds like the stuff they used in caravan parks. Ive seen it twice in houses. I seem to remember it being bigger than 16mm tho. I think if you use a overflow coupler with s/w it will fit then you can push the coupler into a 22mm speedfit then reduce and use normal pipe. Or a 15mm push fit with a spigot end im told will stick with solvent weld into an overflow coupler. Neither are correct methods but allegedly they work

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Could be genova. Philmac make universal fittings for this plastic anyway.

Ive a done alot of work on new build properties (within last 5 years) where we have installed uponor, which is a german brand plastic pipe with 16mm and 21mm , i think

You can get black/dark grey polyorc pipe 16/17mm size I keep a few adapters to MIs on the van as well as the glue because it's always found at 4.55 at night or Sunday's for some reason. It can be very brittle so need to be carefull in case it splits.

Can you tell us what colour the pipe is and perhaps post a picture showing a coupling on it?

From the original description of breaking when knocked, I'm going for brittle, 30 year old polyorc.

Other hints such as area of country, colour, condition, age, photos etc etc accepted though :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344803238.486711.jpg is it this stuff?

theres a few brands that was common in domestic propertys in the 70's when copper prices were very high. Dura-pipe was the most common around the midlands. The fittings are normally still available from bss or pipe center, same type of pipe and fittings are common in industrial installtions in europe still today in small to very large sizes. its probably an imperial size like 3/8, you can get 16mm but it wont fit the imperial size. you may findthe size written on the fittings. The glue takes around 4 hours to set before you can put pressure onto it, follow the instructions on the tub.

Last edited:
It's definately Hunter Genova white in colour,stamped on one of the elbows,phoned Hunter today and was told the fittings were made obsolete some ten years ago but told me if I chamfer the end a JG Speedfit will fit according to reports they've heard ????

I woundnt fancy chamfering the end and hoping they fit to be honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Doesn’t really answer any of my questions but...
Replies
Views
The old adey ones had the same problems the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Your over thinking this do as I said the...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
If it was on a job of mine I would cut it out...
Replies
Views
Back