Plastic pipe on hot/cold to boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plastic pipe on hot/cold to boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What’s the protocol if we find plastic pipe to boilers(within 100mm)? Found one with the hot and cold piped right into the boilers tails?

Loads like that mate, min of 1 meter away in my book , but should be more lol .
It’s a newish install aswell. Other than advising the customer what are we supposed to do? Cap it? AR it? All I get from colleagues is don’t worry about it, which is annoying.

Nothing to do with gas safe just note down and move on

Only bit I would be iffy is a blow off

That’s why it concerned me. I advised the customer that it wasn’t ideal like that and to have it replaced with copper.

Can’t force them all you can say is manufacturers don’t recommend it

What’s the protocol if we find plastic pipe to boilers(within 100mm)? Found one with the hot and cold piped right into the boilers tails?
Check with the boiler manufacturer. I'm told one or two have fancy controls fitted that would allow for plastic to be connected directly. Others will say 1m or 1.5m Get their advice.

I always pipe mine in copper, generally any pipe work on show but I think the regs and manufactures instructions only specify 1-2m on the heating circuit, due to the higher temperatures

Some manufacturers are as little as 600mm from boiler and it would be more specific to heating flow and return, don’t see hot and cold as an issue as it more relates to temperature

Similar plumbing topics

Most modern/new build properties round here...
Replies
Views
Yes you should be able to cut them off in...
Replies
Views
With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
Oil fired combis I think produce DHW at ~ 80C...
Replies
Views
Back