plastic pipe | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
does anyone on here use plastic pipe in coils?
came across an install today that a builder had been doing and they had ran all the heating circuit in speedfit from a coil and it was shocking!!
I'm defo not against p[lastic but other than being a bit cheaper i cannot see the logic of coils as it just looks complete carp!!

Clips!

Clips!

Clips!

As long as it's clipped right, there shouldn't be any problem.

Having said that I've always only put it where it's out of sight.

I only use the coils as where its fitted it shouldn't be seen, also cheaper.

no point buying 3mtr lengths? I would use copper instead.

I only use the coils as where its fitted it shouldn't be seen, also cheaper.

no point buying 3mtr lengths? I would use copper instead.
Agreed, No professional should use 3mtr lengths. Unless its site work, of course.

Last edited:
Oh their was alot of clips but wouldnt surpise me if it creaks a fair bit when its heating up

I retract my comment

I use polyplumb out of coils makes life easier storing it in the van instead of escaping all over the show

Can't stand speedfit, used a coil once pulled it through quite a few meters to where I wanted it turned round to get the cutters and the pipe had retracted back into the bag and jumped back into the corner

Can't stand speedfit, used a coil once pulled it through quite a few meters to where I wanted it turned round to get the cutters and the pipe had retracted back into the bag and jumped back into the corner

I wouldn't use JG because of that but they have now brought out lay flat pipe, much better :)

I only used s/f couple times and found it a pain use the fittings occasonly as a temp link up for pressuring but thats it

The new layflat is really good from sf. No more tangled messes. I tried a coil when it first came out. Has it's uses.

It was sppeed fit that was used on this install was doing my head in .
Trying to get the coil to stay where i wanted it without pinging off elsewhere was a nightmare

Has anybody seen upanor used.?? i have the stuff with 3 layers the ufh stuff it stays where its bent so not sure if thats possibly an option ( apart from price of coarse).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
Yes!!! that's exactly what it is.. thanks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds to me that the 15mm pipe that you are...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
Back