plastic pipe | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancinplumba

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Not sure if this has been asked before But does anyone and I mean Anyone know when plastic pipe was first used in mini bore central heating ?

Not sure if this has been asked before But does anyone and I mean Anyone know when plastic pipe was first used in mini bore central heating ?

This just a random question or is there a reason you want to know?

I thought I told you all about this before, BP brought out a dark blue 3/8" plastic pipe capable of water at 90 Degc I used it for mini-bore when Mini-bore first came out, about 1968 twas called Impaleyne, might not be the correct spelling, we used Thorsman round clips to clip it, yorkshire manifold were in blue all compression. I don't know why it never caught on. We used it on the double rad valve single ended with a dip pipe inside the rads. I told you it's all been done before some of you were born. There's nothing new under the sun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-linked_polyethylene

Read this 1960

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv68JSydNeo

Last edited by a moderator:
It was first used in Roman times they had underfloor heating way back then, Invented by Polycarpus Plasticus I seem to remember, then forgotten about until 1968 when it was discovered in a Roman ruin disturbed by BP drilling for oil! Strange but true, Honest.

I have come to the firm conclusion that this forum is only serious when it comes to GAS SAFE, Oh and a bit of OFTEC.

I thought I told you all about this before, BP brought out a dark blue 3/8" plastic pipe capable of water at 90 Degc I used it for mini-bore when Mini-bore first came out, about 1968 twas called Impaleyne, might not be the correct spelling, we used Thorsman round clips to clip it, yorkshire manifold were in blue all compression. I don't know why it never caught on. We used it on the double rad valve single ended with a dip pipe inside the rads. I told you it's all been done before some of you were born. There's nothing new under the sun.

Cross-linked polyethylene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read this 1960

Twin entry Radiator valve ABDTools - YouTube

Well, I never knew that, don't recall you having told me before, Eva :)

I could be spinning you lads an old yarn and you wouldn't have a clue, but I am not I have tried to see if anyone had any data on it and I can't find any, I will keep trying but from what I remember I only ran for about 2 years and it just disappeared, why i just don't know, you got to also understand then you could fit a full central heating system for peanuts copper tube was cheap.

I could be spinning you lads an old yarn and you wouldn't have a clue, but I am not I have tried to see if anyone had any data on it and I can't find any, I will keep trying but from what I remember I only ran for about 2 years and it just disappeared, why i just don't know, you got to also understand then you could fit a full central heating system for peanuts copper tube was cheap.

Unifix just brought out the first hammer drills and plastic wall plugs, end-feed fitting just came out and upset Yorkshire, these were interesting times, minibore developed, cyltrol cylinder valves, vertical weighted NRV to stop gravity circulation, 3 post valves long after this .

Don Burners of somerset produce the first oil fired burners for the AGA cooker, fit loads of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Doesn’t really answer any of my questions but...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Best to ask Scottish building control
Replies
Views
Would there be any need/benefit of putting a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So I found, Oz. Never mind, I used the one I...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
Nothing wrong with plastic pipes for the hots...
Replies
Views
Back