Plastic section on gas pipe entering property... | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plastic section on gas pipe entering property... in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone,

I've recently moved into a new property and had a lot of interference on our TV and Audio equipment, following advice I had our earth changed from PME to 8ft rod and it improved a lot but is still not perfect (the theory is the big factory located near our property is putting frequency into the wiring etc, if you're an audiophile you'll understand). We've been advised to change a section of our incoming gas pipe to plastic so it's no longer conductive, question is how much will something like that cost and what does it involve?

Thank you!

It might already be plastic incoming as there’s upgrading from steel to plastic due to leaks

What audio equipment is causing / showing the issue

And what was the leakage / ma on the earth system pme

It might already be plastic incoming as there’s upgrading from steel to plastic due to leaks

What audio equipment is causing / showing the issue

And what was the leakage / ma on the earth system pme
It's a very old house so I doubt it but I'll take a look thank you, actually I think the PME was bonded to it so probably not plastic.

Just my stereo with valve amp.

That info is above my paygrade as someone that just paid a a sparky to hammer a copper pole in the ground lol

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

B
Bernie Dont get me wrong, I love dry drains...
Replies
Views
bobpape
B
Back